Theatro Technis seeks to engage a General Theatre Manager.
Please send CV and covering letter, total pages 3 sides of A4, to:
Subject heading: General Theatre Manager.
Closing date: 10am (GMT) Monday 12th April.
Deadline extended to 10am Tuesday 13th April
We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society and actively welcome candidates who are currently underrepresented in the arts, people of colour, those who identify as the global majority, those who self-identify as LGBTQIA+, those from lower socio-economic backgrounds and those who self-identify as disabled.
enclosed: Job Description & Person Specification
JOB DESCRIPTION: GENERAL THEATRE MANAGER
THEATRO TECHNIS (TT) is a 120 seat fringe theatre on three sides and a House with a mix of rooms and office space for hire.
There is a small executive team (ET) that oversee the work of the Charity. This group of two trustees and an experienced professional supervise the management of the organisation. The General Theatre Manager (GM) will be line managed and supported by this small team.
Overview and Main Purpose
The short-term plans are to return to being a vibrant venue for hire. The GM provides the glue which holds together this small venue together in terms of day-to-day operation.
Then work towards a rebrand and re-launch in early 2022. The GM will work with the ET on the planning of an ambitious new strategy of growth.
Planning and Programming
This new role will be the first port of call with new and current hires for both the Theatre and House.
• Be on top of hire enquires and maximising’s income possibilities.
• Be on hand to welcome new companies and troubleshoot where necessary.
• Work with the ET to stay on top of budgets and accounting procedures.
• Providing administrative support for but not limited to booking sessions, sending financial quotes and writing agreements with hirers and facilitators
• Updating project budgets
• Ensure that the Finance department has all the relevant information they need.
• Issuing and chasing invoices and make payments
• Staying on top of overhead expenditure
• Working with the ET to develop new programming ideas and commercial possibilities.
• Working with the ET to develop our outreach and community programme.
• Lead on the producing of one-off events and other in-house projects.
• Booking and co-ordinator of the evening show crews: FOH, Bar & Technical Manager.
Public Relations & Marketing
• Support the selling of show in all areas of marketing
• Helping with the design of a new public-facing website.
• Updating and maintaining TT’s databases.
• Help develop TT’s social media platforms.
• Contribute to TT’s fundraising goals, including research, writing applications, advocacy, and managing relationships.
• Contribute as required to funder/stakeholder reports, such as grant submissions for the local authority or ACE.
• Supporting the ET in administration duties, including organising board meeting.
• Support with the writing of regular project reports and Board reports as required.
• Representing TT by seeing work nationally and attending relevant events, as required.
• Manage the collection and collation of statistical and evaluation data.
A Safe Space
• Be aware of and comply with Health and Safety rules at work and abide by the procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy.
• Work by the principles of TT’s Equality and Diversity statement.
• Be aware of, comply and abide with the rules and legislation set out in the Safeguarding policy.
• Abide by other guidelines, procedures and policies provided by the Company.
• Participate in all training and development initiatives as required.
• Support the plans of the origination medium and long term.
• Take part in such working groups as might from time to time be required to fulfil organisational targets.
Undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required.
• Minimum of two years relevant experience working in the UK theatre scene.
• Sound understanding of planning and scheduling Theatre and Hire spaces.
• Successful track record in theatre producing, general and or project management.
• Some knowledge of Health and Safety good practice, and its practical application in theatre.
• A motivated self-starter who enjoys working with managers and artists with diplomacy, discretion, professionalism, pragmatism and a can-do approach.
• Excellent people management skills, including getting the best out of people.
• To be a team player with the ability to work independently.
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Highly organised with excellent administrative skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good computer literacy, including CRM and Excel.
• A passionate interest in contemporary culture, particularly in theatre, with a good knowledge of a diverse range of plays and musicals.
• Progressive, creative, positive and forward-thinking attitude.
• A proven commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
• Working in a theatre or arts centre venue.
• Some knowledge of WIX web design platform.
• Arts marketing experience.
• Working with a Charity board.
• Arts fundraising experience.
• Experience of the Equity fringe agreement.
Terms and Conditions.
• Title of post: General Theatre Manager
• Hours: Part-time. (on average 2 days a week).
• Some evening and weekend work.
• Freelance flexible working. £125 a day inclusive. (Less out of pocket expenses).
• Contract: Initial 1 year contract (with the intention to extend) subject to a three-month probationary period.
Start: Immediate start.
© Theatro Technis March 2021